Protecting Leather With Water Protectant No. 3
Protecting leather is very important in climates with adverse weather conditions. Water Protectant No. 3 is a blend of natural oils and waxes formulated to condition and protect your leather items. In this video, I demonstrate how to apply Water Protectant No. 3 to a Saddleback Leather briefcase in order to waterproof the leather. A couple of things to note about No. 3.
- Water Protectant No. 3 will darken your leather. With normal use, the leather typically lightens up a bit after a week or so.
- Water Protectant No. 3 can add a “shine” to your leather depending on how much you apply and how hard you buff the leather.
- Water Protectant No. 3 will waterproof your leather and protect it from stains and dirt.
- Always test an inconspicuous part of your leather item with No. 3 to observe the result before applying the leather care recipe to the entire item.
- Always apply thin layers.
- Remember to keep the cap on the bottle to prevent spillage.
- Read below what OLENA from Fashion Magazine had to say about Water Protectant No. 3. Read her full review HERE.
“It seems that everyone talks about luxury fashion but nobody teaches consumers how to take care of quality items. In case of leather I learned from experience: conditioned purses, restored leather furniture, touched up jackets because I choose value and want my beautiful pieces to last. A year ago I even took several trips to a local leather factory taking classes on leather care, leather cleaners, conditioners and restoration techniques. From leather restoration kits to professional tools – I tried it all and can confirm: high quality leather can last for generations and look like brand new. It all depends on how well you take care of it.
Luckily, you don’t need to waste time and money on countless trials of leather cleaners and conditioners because you can buy Chamberlain’s Leather Milk. Normally, in case of an old handbag like the Orlandi vintage below I would take drastic measures using an expensive leather cleaner, some properly mixed water-based colors to cover deep scratches and a finishing semi-glossy coat. Needless to say, it’s costly and time consuming. I decided to use my Orlandi as a guinea pig to test Chamberlain’s Leather Care Liniment (No. 1) and Water Protectant (No. 3). You can see the result below: scratches and stains are gone, leather looks like new and the bag is protected from rain, snow and humidity. The entire process took about 15 minutes – time is money for successful people.”
Hope you all enjoy the video and please feel free to contact us with any questions about our various leather care products at firstname.lastname@example.org. Video was shot by the amazingly talented Aiden Frankin of Image Alive Studios.