Auto Refreshener No. 4 Guide
Should I buy Chamberlain’s Auto Refreshener No.4 for my leather? How should I use it? What results should I expect? All this and more will be revealed in this handy guide!
What Auto Refreshener Will Do
Environmentally Friendly, All-Natural, Safe for Human Skin!
Auto Refreshener is fueled by a potent emulsion of oils nutrients specially designed for auto leather. Whether it be motorcycle, vinyl or traditional car leather, you’ll be hard pressed to find any leather conditioner as competitive as Recipe No.4. With a rich, creamy texture and balanced pH, this conditioner stands above its peers for its FDA approved, cosmetic grade ingredients: entirely natural, environmentally friendly, and hand-picked for perfection. In fact, we’ve even watched some people drink Leather Milk straight out of the bottle! We wouldn’t personally advise doing this, of course! The cream texture, designed for easy application and maximum absorption, will melt into your leather as easily as butter on hot bread. Auto Refreshener is also enhanced with an exotic coconut fragrance: a subtle sensation designed to maximize your conditioning experience, but lasting only as long as the conditioner takes to absorb. We’re as much a fan of your leather’s natural scent as you are!
Protection from Sunlight & Spill
In addition to giving your leather protection from spills and stains, Auto Refreshener also possesses key UV protectants that ward off harmful ultraviolet rays. These protectants prevent leather from fading or drying out prematurely due to sunlight. They can also be helpful for other types of leather exposed to regular sunlight as well, such as couches and saddlebags. If you plan to be wearing your sunglasses a lot where you’re going, you should bring Auto Refreshener along on shotgun.
Stronger, Richer Leather; Made in USA
Like all of Chamberlain’s leather conditioners, Recipe No.4 should enrich your leather’s color and give it the soft, supple texture that it deserves. As this recipe absorbs and conditions, it will strengthen the fibers of your leather, making it grow stronger, and live longer. A light cleaning element permits Auto Refreshener to give your leather a gentle surface cleansing, and its protective properties allow it to moderately repel routine contaminants, such as spills and dirt.
If you have already used Auto Refreshener, you will not need to apply any other leather conditioners to your leather, at least until it is ready to be conditioned again. All Leather Milk products are made in USA.
What Auto Refreshener Does Not Do
Auto Refreshener should not be treated as a deep cleaner. This means that any stain below the leather’s surface (or any stain that has had time to set) will probably not come out with this recipe. Auto Refreshener will remove light surface contaminants, such as dust, but is not intended for any cleaning task beyond routine, spot dusting. For stains below the leather’s surface, use Straight Cleaner No.2. If your leather has had a spill, treat it as soon as possible to prevent absorption. You can read about spillage here.
Auto Refreshener should neither be treated as a heavy protector or water repellent, and will offer less protection against rain, snow, and thick mud. Water Protectant No.3, a heavy duty conditioner, is recommended for leather exposed to harsh environments and weather.
Auto Refreshener is not designed for nubuck, suede, “genuine leather,” napped leather, or other extremely soft leathers. You can read more about the marketing (misnomer) term “genuine leather” and what that means here.
How to Use Auto Refreshener
1. If available, consult any leather care recommendations included with your item by the leather’s manufacturer.
2. Shake well. Test recipe first in a discreet area and allow to dry naturally in a cool, clean location away from sunlight and heat. If you do not find excess color rub off, discoloration in leather, or any other negative effect, it is safe to use on your leather.
3. Clean over the surface of your leather with a damp cloth or Straight Cleaner No.2 first if it is dirty. When the leather is dry, shake your Leather Milk recipe bottle well and gently massage the conditioner evenly across the leather’s surface. An uneven spread may lead to a splotchy dry. Use thin layers, giving your leather as many coats as it needs, but only as much conditioner as it can absorb. If piled on too thickly, the leather conditioner may leave a sticky residue. You can read about over-conditioned leather here.
4. After it has been conditioned, allow your leather to dry naturally. When the leather has absorbed all the conditioner it can, buff off any remaining residue, and let it set. For best results, allow the leather to sit overnight.
5. Use Auto Refreshener as often as you feel your leather needs it. It is usually best to condition 2-4 times a year, depending on the climate and amount of use the leather will receive, as well as its type (how it was made). If your leather is feeling rough and dry, starts squeaking, or develops other textural changes, it may be time to re-condition.
Is Auto Refreshener Right for My Leather?
Auto Refreshener’s fresh and gentle touch gives it an edge for most any kind of auto leather. However, it is important to test this recipe first before you use it to ensure it is the best fit for your own, individual leather. If your leather is unfinished, it may be wise to test your leather in multiple discreet places. Some lighter colored leather may darken with use of conditioner, though will usually lighten back up within a week with use. As most road leather is finished to ensure protection against the many elements it will likely encounter, Auto Refreshener is your best bet to keep it healthy, strong, beautiful, and secure.
Recipe No.4 can also be helpful for other leather that receives regular exposure to sunlight, such as couches and saddlebags. If you are taking your leather anywhere where you’ll be wearing shades and sunscreen, it’s a good idea to give your leather similar protection. Same with leather furniture that sits by a window (the most notorious UV damage culprit), or any leather that sits long enough under the sun that you’d get a sunburn doing the same. Auto Refreshener’s got just the kind of sweet refreshment you and your leather need!
Finally, if you have any allergy concerns, be sure to Contact Us to ensure none of the ingredients will be harmful to anyone coming into contact with the treated leather. Individuals with nut allergies are not advised to use Leather Milk. For more health recommendations, please visit our Auto Refreshener SDS (Safety Data Sheet).
So whether you’ve got car leather or you’ve got window-view leather, shift your leather’s shine into turbo with Auto Refreshener! Test it first and use it well – and it will save your hide!
Hope this helps!
Product photography by ImageAlive Studios